Project In A Nutshell
Sector: Banking & Financial
Size: 3,971 sq ft
Opening its first Bath bank in 2007, Swedish-founded Handelsbanken has since steadily grown its customer base in the city.
Relocating from Upper Borough Walls to a property on Henry Street (previously home to Barclays Bank), Handelsbanken called on Interaction to complete the full CAT A and CAT B transformation of the property. Key aspects of the brief included opening up the space and creating a modern atmosphere for the customer-focused team.
After 9 weeks on site, Interaction’s design and projects teams transformed the space into a modern environment fit for Handelsbanken’s fantastic reputation. This is particularly key given that the firm’s success is based on prioritising word-of-mouth growth, rather than marketing or branding.
As well as a unique design that matches the firm’s individuality in the sector, the new space offers an array of meeting and working spaces – in addition to making the most of existing historical features. The overall result is an appealing environment for staff and customers alike.
The Key Features
○ The design and installation of full mechanical and electricals.
○ The installation of new ceilings, doors and partition walls.
○ The inclusion of traditional features such as sliding sash windows.
○ A sleek colour scheme that reflects other Handelsbanken branches.
○ The addition of design quirks such as panelling and geometric carpets.
○ Glass manifestations that offer meeting room privacy.