Project In A Nutshell
Sector: Defence & IT Consultancy
Size: 5,827 sq ft
Expanding from their current office, the Techmodal team needed a streamlined space for collaborative working and one that would facilitate new ways of working.
Therefore, key in this design and build project was creating a workplace that would unite the two offices (which are just doors away from each other on Queen Square). The team also wanted the design to reflect the harbourside location – a factor that Interaction’s creative minds were happy to accommodate with ship-inspired quirks.
With a multitude of workspaces, including both collaborative and those for more focused work, the office now caters for each and every individual and their various tasks.
Overall, the U-shaped space is modern, bright and vibrant. It combines practicality and flexibility with unique design quirks such as port-hole windows and a tea point that gives the feel of a deck – elements that will help to motivate creative thinking, and generally make the space an inspiring place to be.
The Key Features
○ Glass manifestations featuring bespoke artwork by a local illustrator.
○ A ‘cruise ship’ concept that reflects the location.
○ A vibrant colour scheme throughout to inspire.
○ Window seats to make the most of the harbourside views.
○ An integrated Mila bean-to-cup coffee machine.
○ A tea point with unique acrylic-backed cupboards.